Here is a meditation exercise that helps create the internal conditions for opening to the field of possibilities in your life.
To practice these positive affirmations, go to a place where you can feel safe and won’t be interrupted by distractions.
Sit in a comfortable meditative posture.
Take a few letting-go breaths. Then focus on the ebb and flow of your breathing until you feel relaxed, composed, and alert. Acknowledge thoughts, feelings, moods, and perceptions as they arise, and just let them go.
When you have settled, take up one or several positive affirmations about yourself. Repeat them gently (silently or aloud), allowing the words to sink deeply into your being.
When you feel the time has come to end the session, take a moment to just “be” before rising.
Here are some examples of positive affirmation you can use, or you can choose your own.
- I am able to achieve anything upon which I set my mind.
- I am doing work that I find enjoyable and fulfilling.
- I am capable of achieving the success I desire.
- I am competent and able to face any challenge this day.
- I have the wisdom to make the best choices.
- I feel the love of those who are not able to be physically near me.
- I take pleasure in my own solitude.
- I have the power to choose my own path.
- I love and accept all of who I am.
- I view my setbacks and losses as a gift.
- I trust my intuition and my heart to guide me.
- I am able to draw upon my inner strength and my inner light to guide me.
- I am more than good enough.
- I see the perfection in all my flaws.
- The past has no power over me. The future will not control me.
- I have a unique contribution and purpose in this world.
— After the work of Joan Borysenko